Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to get to control panel

• Please log in to reply

ScubaHood

ScubaHood

• Pip
  • 6 posts
hi i've had a problem with my desktop/startup menu being gone for a while and i know how to fix it just havent got around to getting a windows xp cd since it doesnt bother me a whole lot. there is one problem i have, i dont know how to get to control panel if at all possible, the thing i would like to use there is add/remove program if there is a way to get there through task manager. task manager is what i use to open all programs of course.

edit: actually if theres a way i can just uninstall a program, what i want to uninstall is ventrilo so i can get the new version, i would like to know how. as far as i know ventrilo doesnt have its own uninstallation file so if anyone can tell me i would be grateful. i cant go to control panel so unless there is a shortcut way to add/remove programs i don't know how else to do it.

Edited by ScubaHood, 12 August 2005 - 06:07 PM.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Type, appwiz.cpl in ur Task Manger's run-box.

For more windows short-hand names, refer: http://users.accessc...xp/shortcut.htm