Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC doc is crap [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Laptop Boy

Laptop Boy

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
I was in a fix a few days ago. I had downloaded a BAD nasty! I'm sure it was an
unauthorized application to my harddrive. <_<

It caused popup [bleep]. One ad had audio for God sakes! :D

Well, I found your site looking for help. I saw the ad for free scan by the pc bug doctor. I DL'd it and it ran for 2 hours scanning my pc. It found the Purity Scan and the creeps it had with it. I payed the one-time fee and thought this great software would delete it for me.

After paying out to get registered, I was told that I had to run scan over! Well, two hours later, it was time to click the magic button that would delete the nasty crap.

Well, it said it had gotten rid of Purity Scan, along with other maggots that were "infecting" my harddrive. Fraid not folks. It was still there in all it's
glory. I checked my registry, and it was there again, nothing changed. :D

I told the company that runs or owns this farce, and I got an e-mail saying to upgrade to one of their premium memberships. They can take that and put it where the sun don't shine. They are taking people's money unfairly, I think. Someone who is naive will go for the hype and you can't prove your pc wasn't fixed.

Hopefully, I can pick up some tips here. BTW, I fixed the problem myself, after wasting $24.95! :D

I'm sorry if you aren't supposed to bash sponsors, but people should know that these "fix-it" programs just want you to pay a monthly membership fee so they can reap profits.

Enough ranting. Thanks

Dan :D

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
That's too bad. <_<

Google advertising helps pay the bills around here, whenever visitors click on a link. The ads use the same technology as the google search engine. It scans the text on the page and tries to offer relevant advertisers. Most of the ads are relevant and useful, however such is life, there's always a few bad ones.

We do have some control over which advertiesers are allowed on our site. After reading your experience with PC Bug Doctor I did a little research. There doesn't appear to be too many happy users (mostly complaints), so I've decided to block their ads on this site. Sorry it's too late for you, but you may have saved others some time and money. :D

Laptop Boy

Laptop Boy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Thanks admin! I'm glad you show concern here. I think I'm gonna like it here!

Again, I don't want to ruffle feathers here, but this was something I think people should know.

Thanks again!

Nice site BTW! <_<

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.