Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Azureus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

BTPH

BTPH

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
hey all, i just started using azureus and it isnt working well, for some reason it automatically downloads to my doccuments (which is in my D drive not my C) and i dont have much room in my D drive so it always stops, when i open up the torrent i save it directly onto my C drive, but it will still download to my doccuments, how can i fix this???

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Use the config wizard. You shouldnt download things that aren't free shareware programs or things that you dont allready own. Geekstogo cant and will not support illegal software or the downloading of illegal software etc.

Edited by warriorscot, 12 August 2005 - 05:41 PM.

BTPH

BTPH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
i thought azureus was free???

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It is used for illegal file sharing by most folks.

BTPH

BTPH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
okay,
but there are many other legal uses for it, not many but they do exist

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Actually i dont know of any software house that develops free software that has agreed to the use of azureus to distribute their product, and their are uses for bit torrent technology not azureus p2p sharing. You shouldnt use it and you shouldnt ask for help with it on an internet forum, you should know that geekstogo cant support illegal downloading.

BTPH

BTPH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
okay i dont mean to sound ungreatfull coz u did help me out but seriously

firstly im not asking for help with illegal downloading, as i said there are many legal uses for such an application, u could download freeware software on it (or free trial versions) you could have made a file (ie home video) that you want to transfer from 1 computer to another, and the file could be too big for a disk which is why u create a torrent file for it and download it to the other computer (a VERY impractical use but still a legal one)

secondly u fixed my problem pretty quickly for someone who doesnt condone the use of such programs, so i gotta ask how do u know azureus so well if u dont download illegally and cant think of ne legal uses for it???

no offense, u did fix my problem and i am greatfull but dont give me a box and tell me not to open it

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its called i can get in trouble.

BTPH

BTPH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
huh???

soryy got no clue What the... ure on bout there

also can we jus forget bout this, its 1am im tired and i seriously dont wanna argue with u about something so stupid for the rest of my life so if u want post some clever come back, have the last word and lets end it,

sound okay to u?