Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ADSL module not loading

• Please log in to reply

Gaz173

Gaz173

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz:

I need help with my router, basically it's all been set up earlier today and it was working perfectly - untill I did something in the router's log-in page (http://10.0.0.2) and now I can't connect to the internet OR log into the router anymore, and I get the dreaded "limited or no connectivity" warning.

This must have been something I did, as it was working fine, untill I may have changed something when I was logged into the router - but I can't remember what, and I wouldn't have changed it if I didn't know what it was I was changing.

I've had to connect up my old external broadband modem to search for help, but currently having no luck, can anybody here help me out? ;)

Advertisements

NullWolf

NullWolf

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
What brand / model router? Wired or wireless?

Gaz173

Gaz173

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Wired Dynamode R-ADSL-C4S

http://www.dynamode..../R-ADSL-C4S.htm

Also, when I enter IPCONFIG in CMD it comes up with an IP address but nothing for the gateway.

NullWolf

NullWolf

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
IP address start out 169.x.x.x ?
Or is it giving you an actual IP address?
If an actual IP address, when you type the router's IP, does it give you an error page or login?

I'll look at the user man. for the Router after work, then I may have an answer for you.

Gaz173

Gaz173

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Nah it's ok, we had a technician round and it was actually the router that was faulty - after being literally hours since it was bought.

Got a new 2nd hand wireless one, £25, bargain! :tazz: