Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Service Pack 2 installation problem

• Please log in to reply

boilmakrjs

boilmakrjs

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I apologize if this is an over-used topic or maybe just too dumb, but I haven't been able to install the Windows XP SP2 because of "Access is Denied" errors. I followed an article from the Microsoft Update problem articles, and when I change the permission key that is giving me problems, a new one pops up in the setupapi.log. It just seems that there is going to be a never-ending list of keys that need change of permissions. Also after the failed attempts, the cd I ordered w/ the SP2 installation on it will not run now. It states that the "cd may be corrupted". Does anyone know the cure to this problem? Thanks in advance for anyone with any info.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Can you pop that SP2 CD into another computer and see if it is in fact corrupted or works ok? This will rule out the cd as being the problem and give a direction to go.