Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connection Refused errors all over the place.

• Please log in to reply

Kroysemaj

Kroysemaj

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I posted a HJT log a few weeks ago where I had followed some instructions on how to remove the Antivirus Gold 1.0 trojan. The trojan came out fine and by and large everything is working well in the computer.

The only error that has come up is a strange little bug that I think might be related. Ever since I pulled the trojan off, the internet browsers seem to have trouble connecting to pages with forms or logins in them. We get the "The connection was refused when attempting to contact www.xyz.com". At first I just thought they were server problems with the hosts but it hasn't gotten any better. It's not even 100% of the time but things like logging in for shopping carts and sometimes forums and the like are a bit of a crap shoot. I'm at a loss as to whether it's a security setting that might have been enabled or something I yanked out with HJT that shouldn't have been yanked. Anyone have any ideas?

Are there any diagnostic logs or anything I can post for you guys to check? Also, is this even the right forum? I figured it should be here rather than the Malware removal forum since I don't actually think its Malware anymore. Thanks much, it's not a horribly urgent problem but it is annoying and I would appreciate a little expert advice. :tazz:

Advertisements