Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MONITOR PROBLEMS

• Please log in to reply

MELJDCARTER

MELJDCARTER

• Pip
  • 1 posts
GOT THE MISSES, AMD ATHLON 1.24GHZ 512MB RAM AND RUNNING XP PRO,,
HER MONITOR BLEW AS THE GRAPHICS CARD KEPT GIVING MONITOR DIFFERENT HERTZS WELL OUT OF MONITORS RANGE,,WHICH INEVITABLY MEANT XP CRASHED AND RESET,,,NOW SHE GOT 128MB CARD 5700LE NVIDIA GRAPHICS(OLD ONE BLEW)WITH UP TO 200 HZ,,,SHE BUYS 6 YEAR OLD MONITOR THAT CAN ONLY TAKE UP TO 80 HZ,,HELP SHE CAN PLAY MOST GAMES BUT THE ODD ONE RESETS MONITOR AND I HAVE TO TASK SWITCH TO DESKTOP AND SHUT DOWN GAME,,,HOW DO I MAKE GRAPHICS UNDERSTAND THAT ITS GOT A PUNY MONITER AND WONT TAKE ALL THAT POWER ANY HELP PLEASE IVE TRIED SETTING GRAPHS CARD AND IT JUST RESETS MONITOR,,MONITOR TAKES 1024 768 60HZ OK BUT THATS IT JUST LOADED PAINKILLER AND CANT SET GAME IF I CANT SEE IT,,,MISSES PULLING ME HAIR OUT,,DO I NEED NEW MONITOR??? HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP CHEERS

Advertisements

Stasiek

Stasiek

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
to my knowledge you can set monitor refresh rate via display properties, also in the nvidia control panel there should be a setting for refresh rates that set the rate that you specify, should be a option to match refresh rate with monitor refresh rate.

i'm not too familiar with the nvidia control panel but i know that the ati that i use has a option to sync the refresh rate of the monitor to the video card.

i know its not much but browse thru you nvidia control panel and see what options are available