Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer shuts down

• Please log in to reply

dmartinez04

dmartinez04

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
I bought my compaq presario as a refurbished computer but its shuts down occasionally especially if i have been on for a while. the blue screen that comes up when it shuts down sometimes says "bad_pool_header", "bad_pool_caller", "IRQL_not_less_or_equal", and "Driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal". When I send the error report to microsoft it usually says it was a device driver or sometimes it says it was a display device driver. I need help so i can finally be on without being paranoid that its gonna shut down on me.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Ur display driver may be corrupt\missing.
Re-install\Update it.

dmartinez04

dmartinez04

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
How do i reinstall or update it? i dont even know what my display driver is. another time that the computer shutsdown often is when i empty the recycling bin. then i use scandisk and it finds a problem, something about it was misreporting something. not sure if its still associated with the same problem.

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Follow
Start->Run. Type: dxdiag. Press Enter.
In the newly opened DirectX Diagnostic Tool Window, click on Display tab.
Tell me the string in the Name field.

dmartinez04

dmartinez04

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
ok it says Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Download the latest drivers from:
Dwonload link

dmartinez04

dmartinez04

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
ok i updated it, hopefully thatll fix it. if not i guess ill put the errors on here. thanks.

dmartinez04

dmartinez04

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
well its has still shutdown on me several times. the last time it still said "irql not less or equal" and it was right after the display driver messed up. it said the display driver stopped working normally (ialmrnt5) so the screen got really big and the colors were all on low bit then it shutdown so im not sure whats going on but it does seem to be with the display driver still.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Would this be a Presario 5000? They seem to have some major problems.

dmartinez04

dmartinez04

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
i dont think so, i think its 6020

dmartinez04

dmartinez04

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
last time i sent a report to microsoft, it said there was a problem with intel display driver. any ideas what can be causing the display driver to malfunction even when just updated?