Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP - Error message

• Please log in to reply

petsr4keeps

petsr4keeps

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I removed some files and programs from my computer that my son had downloaded. When I re-boot my PC, I now get an error message that states "NetMDSB.exe has encounted a problem adn needs to close" Can you please tell me why I am getting that message and advise me of how I can fix the problem.

Thanks kindly@

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got Sonic Stage for Sony Walkman

Click start, run, type sfc /scannow then press enter to replace the system files, you need the XP CD and get a blue bar, when this goes, reboot.

petsr4keeps

petsr4keeps

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Yes I have Sonic Stage . When I follow your instructions and type in sfc /scannow, I get a message that tells me that it cannot be found

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
As long as you type it sfc then space then /scannow sfc /scannow it should run

Is Sonic Stage one of the programmes you removed

petsr4keeps

petsr4keeps

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
No I did not remove Sonic Stage. I did re-type sfc /scannow. I had not put in the space. When I did it this time, a black screen containing text very quickly came and then went. Also, I do not recall getting a cd for windows xp. When I purchased my PC from the Future Shop, I had them install everything for me at the store. I have other CD's but not windows XP. I am also getting another error stating that MD Simple Burner a fatal error has occured. Re-boot your PC or try installing it again. Any more suggestions?

Thanks!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You would need the XP CD to run sfc /scannow

Check here for Sonic Stage

http://esupport.sony...9957af403fb89e9