Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

verizon DSL/MSN components

• Please log in to reply

clarkejnc

clarkejnc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am a past Verizon DSL/MSN premium customer and have been trying to remove the Verizon tag from my MSN account so that I can upgrade to MSN 9 and also access all the MSN accounts I had while with Verizon.
I have been on the phone with technicians from MSN at levels I didn't know existed and they can't remove the Verizon tag.
Verizon, believe it or not, says that since I am no longer a customer they cannot help me with customer service!!!! eventhough they gave me the blasted software in the first place.
I/We (msn people) have tried *everything* and nothing seems to wwork: not Add/Remove programs; not removing verizon from the registry....nothing. Whenver I try ot use add/remove I receive a security message which says "cannot delete inconv.dll. the source file maybe in use." The same thing happens when I try to delete winpoet.
Help! Help! Help! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Joe

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Have you tried it in safe mode? Restart your computer and immediately after the first screen you see start pressing F8 and then you will be given a list of choices. Pick "Safe Mode". Try uninstalling like that.

-=jonnyrotten=- <_<

zywex

zywex

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
exactly what do you mean with a verizon tag? a tag on the msn account you had or on software on your comp?