Could someone help me out here?
Ever since I built my computer 3 years ago, this is the first time it crashed on me. It happened during the night while I was asleep. I think I can say my computer has been hacked.
This is what I have noticed so far when I restarted my comp.
1. On my desktop where I never have any pictures or any backdrops is a photo of some asian girl half naked on an apartment block somewhere hanging out clothes. There was some asian words ( korean I think, and the english word 'joke' was there amongst it) I didn't find it funny at all.
2. All my usual quick links in the toolbar were gone.
3. Except for drvie C, all other drives were erased? all files missing? I am now angry. I use two 80GB drives divided into 6 partitions. My games, work projects and music files are gone.
4. I did a AVG scan and it came up with a system.exe file which I deleted.
5. All 6 partitions are functioning and are 'healthy' according to disk management. Besides drive C: which has all files present, all my other 5 HDD partitions have only :
- RECYCLE folder
- System Volume Information folder
It is as if those 5 partitions have been formatted? How can I retrieve these files? I am afraid to do anything in case I make things worse.
Any help, suggestions or comments most welcome!