Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Processor / Mobo Problem ?

• Please log in to reply

mrtuft

mrtuft

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I wonder if anyone might have some advice for me. I had been experiencing problems with my processor fan in that my PC would occassionally fail to boot up. Everything would start up including all 3 fans (case, processor & mobo fans), but then my PC would beep very loudly and shut down.

I decided to replace the processor fan, which I did & no I get the problem above constantly. Anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this ??

Cheers, mrtuft

Advertisements

Stasiek

Stasiek

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
what is the bios type?
what kind of beeps? long-short-long?

what is your pc model/manufacturer info, pc hardware specs

as of now what you provided, this is my conclusion, the beep is probably a overheating issue(we need to know beep sequence to be sure+bios type), you said that you had problems with the fans, how long has the problem been going on for?

also check something (if able) go to bios and look up option that will show you temps for cpu+case+attached fans w/fan speed, list the temps and if your fans work fine then you should see a indication on screen

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Right ok get your mobo manual and find the list of beep codes and find out what your particular beep code error is.