Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer just resets

• Please log in to reply

nost

nost

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
when i am running games my computer just resets itself after about 20 mins i have an ati radeon 9250se and when i install the ati control panel my computer resets when i install ati catalyst control centre they just shutdown on there own people have said that it maybe be a heat issue how can i find out if it is overheating i know it doesnt make any bleeping when the computer resets thanks in advance nost

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Check you have this version

ATI recommends Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher to be installed.

You must have Microsoft .NET Framework installed prior to downloading and installing the CATALYST Control Center

http://fileforum.bet...Me/1058330408/1

nost

nost

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
why does ati recommend windows xp service pack 2 i have swapped my graphics card now my mate had a spare 1 so i am just going to try that its a nvidia fx 5200 and the computer reset aswell with that graphics so i just reinstalled windows xp and i am going to try it now if that doesnt work i am going to drop the speed of my ram its on 200mhz i am going to try a little lower speed thanks for the advice anyway

nost

nost

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
done it now it was my ram it was on 200mhz dropped it and it works fine but why cant i have 200mhz