Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

home network...

• Please log in to reply

crrash

crrash

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
me and my brother just set up a home lan, i actually managed to be seen on his compouter, and even accesible (before it had a "no permission" error)

my pc: his pc:
win xp home portuguese win xp pro english

the problem is, we want to share internet
my pc is about all the time on, so my pc is directly connected to the net
his pc should access the net through our newly set up home lan
we did the wizard... nothing... so right now i have no ideas what to do (also i woke up right now and dont really want to start thinking till later in the afternoon :tazz: )

p.s. i hate my network places (or whatever it is called in english)
i just unshared some folders i had shared for a lan party, but they just dont want to disappear... my brother doesnt see them, but i do (ghosts oooh nooooo)
i tried to actualize it, but it wont work... i mean it did work, because later my brothers shared folders were added to the list but those folders still wont disappear

edit: just shared at my brothers pc a folder it wont appear, even if i click on actualize.... maybe restarting would help, but it didnt work for those folders i unshared

Edited by crrash, 13 August 2005 - 05:17 AM.

Advertisements

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
we have two issues here. 1. How to share the Internet. We are not sure how you do that. ICS or router? Assuming is i sICS, check this how to setup ICS, http://www.chicagote...et/icssetup.htm

2. How to share between two computers, this step by step how to may help,

How to enable windows sharingHow to enable Windows sharing. One of the reasons to create a workgroup or domain network is for ... Troubleshooting windows sharing issues. Related Topics ...
http://www.howtonetw...blesharing0.htm

Edited by chicagotech, 13 August 2005 - 08:48 AM.

crrash

crrash

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
yup ics

i am able to share, its just, that those folders i already unshared are still in my "my network places"

right now im trying to think of how all those folders and stuff in your tutorial are called in portuguese (portuguese win xp)

whats NIC and ICF? there are some things i dont understand.... what i did understand (the client guide) was already set...

mh now im confused.. ics is when one pc has connection to the internet, and shares that connection to all pcs in the lan, right?

Edited by crrash, 13 August 2005 - 12:53 PM.