Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System UnAccessable [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
People I think That you lot are my last hope before i go to get a new computer bacause I cant go on with the computer constantly tryin to change the homepage, chande registry keys, change links on sites, and make my files unopenable.

Please help me through this problem ! :tazz: ;) :)

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:37:15, on 13/08/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\carpserv.exe
C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGUARD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\HPQ\ONE-TO~1\OneTouch.EXE
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVWUPSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPConfig.exe
C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGNT.EXE
C:\Program Files\HPQ\Notebook Utilities\HPWirelessMgr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 6 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {243B17DE-77C7-46BF-B94B-0B5F309A0E64} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AtiPTA] atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CARPService] carpserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PreloadApp] c:\hp\drivers\printers\photosmart\hphprld.exe c:\hp\drivers\printers\photosmart\setup.exe -d
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [srmclean] C:\Cpqs\Scom\srmclean.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TV Now] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Notebook Utilities\TvNow.exe /RK
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Display Settings] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Notebook Utilities\hptasks.exe /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QT4HPOT] C:\PROGRA~1\HPQ\ONE-TO~1\OneTouch.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cpqset] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Default Settings\cpqset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmcService] C:\PROGRA~1\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe -startgui
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NavRegReminder] "C:\WINDOWS\temp\NavBrowser.exe" /r /i "C:\WINDOWS\temp\NavLoad.ini"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVGCtrl] C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGNT.EXE /min
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Money Viewer - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {C606BA60-AB76-48B6-96A7-2C4D5C386F70} (PreQualifier Class) - http://www.blueyonde...tivePreQual.cab
O23 - Service: AntiVir Service (AntiVirService) - H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH - C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGUARD.EXE
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir Update (AVWUpSrv) - H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH, Germany - C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVWUPSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: HP Configuration Interface Service (HPConfig) - Hewlett-Packard - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPConfig.exe
O23 - Service: HPWirelessMgr - Hewlett-Packard Co. - C:\Program Files\HPQ\Notebook Utilities\HPWirelessMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Sygate Personal Firewall (SmcService) - Sygate Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe

Advertisements

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi cleverboy12

Please read through the instructions before you start (you may want to print this out).

Please set your system to show all files; please see here if you're unsure how to do this.

Please download and install AD-Aware se.
Click Here on how setup and use it - please make sure you update it first. Don't run yet.

Download Pocket Killbox and unzip it; save it to your Desktop. We may need it later.

Download Ewido Trojan’s and malware remover http://www.ewido.net/en/download/
This setup contains the free as well as the plus-version of the ewido security suite. After the installation, a free 14-day test version containing all the extensions of the plus-version will be activated. At the end of the test phase, the extensions of the plus version are deactivated and the freeware version can be used unlimited times. The purchased license code of the plus version can be entered at any time.
Ewido will auto-udate. Don't run yet

Reboot into Safe Mode: please see here if you are not sure how to do this.

Run Ewido full scan. Save the scan.log.

Clear out the files in the Prefetch folder. Go to start> run> type into the box Prefetch and delete all the files in that folder.

Run Ad-aware se let it remove all it finds

Clean out temporary and TIF files. Go to Start > Run and type in the box: cleanmgr. Let it scan your system for files to remove. Make sure all are checked and then press *ok* to remove:

Let the system reboot as normal.

Please download, install and run this disk cleanup utility called Cleanup version 4.0!: http://downloads.ste...p/CleanUp40.exe
It will get rid of any malware which may be hiding in your temp folders ( a common hiding place). You will also regain a massive amount of disk space. Here is a tutorial which describes its usage: http://www.bleepingc...tutorial93.html
Check the custom settings to your liking under options, but be sure to delete temporary files and temporary internet files for all user profiles. Also, cleanout the prefetch folder and the recycle bin.When the scan has finnished click the close button
When prompted the system will log off to let it clean out the remaining files. when the log screen shows log back on and continue the fix.

Please run the following free, online virus scans.
http://enterprises.p...l_companies.htm
Please post the log From Panda virus scan. We will need them to remove previous infections that have left files on your system.

Run HijackThis and post the new log.

Kc :tazz:

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
M8 i am unable to complete all the processes that u have asked me to in the following thread because a problem occured :

http://www.geekstogo...ble-t54161.html

I was not able to download Ewido as errors keep occuring in the middle of th downlaod. I was also not able to do the Panda online scan bacause another problem accured !

I did however clean my computer and the disk space and i did also clean the prefetch and temporary files.

Please reply and assist me through my steps .

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi cleverboy12

Download this scanner - cureit.
ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/drweb-cureit.exe

Run drweb - cureit
Doubleclick the "drweb-cureit.exe" and click "ok" in the prompt window that will open , asking "start the express scan now".
It will first make a quick scan of your system, let it clean what it find, and when it says "done" in the lower left corner click on all your drive's.
A red dot will mark the selected drive(s) . Then hit the pedestrian who now has turned green
Click on the green man in the right corner, it will scan All your drive's, say yes to all

Post a new Hjt.log when dome.

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Hi thanks for the quick reply,

I have downloaded the DrWeb Scan and run it and it found a few instances of suspicious looking trojan horses. Subsequently it renamed the file and delete it ! ;)

I have provided a new log of hijackthis after the scan and here it is please take a look at it and help me get through this. :)

All the Thanks Greatly Appreciated :tazz:

Scan saved at 17:51:20, on 13/08/2005

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drwtsn32.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 7 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PreloadApp] c:\hp\drivers\printers\photosmart\hphprld.exe c:\hp\drivers\printers\photosmart\setup.exe -d
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TV Now] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Notebook Utilities\TvNow.exe /RK
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Display Settings] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Notebook Utilities\hptasks.exe /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NavRegReminder] "C:\WINDOWS\temp\NavBrowser.exe" /r /i "C:\WINDOWS\temp\NavLoad.ini"
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {C606BA60-AB76-48B6-96A7-2C4D5C386F70} (PreQualifier Class) - http://www.blueyonde...tivePreQual.cab
O23 - Service: AntiVir Service (AntiVirService) - H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH - C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGUARD.EXE
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir Update (AVWUpSrv) - H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH, Germany - C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVWUPSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: HP Configuration Interface Service (HPConfig) - Hewlett-Packard - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPConfig.exe
O23 - Service: HPWirelessMgr - Hewlett-Packard Co. - C:\Program Files\HPQ\Notebook Utilities\HPWirelessMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Sygate Personal Firewall (SmcService) - Sygate Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi cleverboy12

Each time you run a fix I need to know what changes you see on your system good or bad, it helps me to help you.

You are running HijackThis from its zipped archive; please create a new folder for it and unzip the program into it. It is very important you do this before anything else!

Please read through the instructions before you start (you may want to print this out).

Please set your system to show all files; please see here if you're unsure how to do this.

Please download and install AD-Aware se.
Click Here on how setup and use it - please make sure you update it first. Don't run yet.

Download Ewido Trojan’s and malware remover http://www.ewido.net/en/download/
This setup contains the free as well as the plus-version of the ewido security suite. After the installation, a free 14-day test version containing all the extensions of the plus-version will be activated. At the end of the test phase, the extensions of the plus version are deactivated and the freeware version can be used unlimited times. The purchased license code of the plus version can be entered at any time.
Ewido will auto-udate. Don't run yet

Run Ewido full scan. Save the scan.log and post the log.

Clear out the files in the Prefetch folder. Go to start> run> type into the box Prefetch and delete all the files in that folder.

Run Ad-aware se let it remove all it finds

Clean out temporary and TIF files. Go to Start > Run and type in the box: cleanmgr. Let it scan your system for files to remove. Make sure all are checked and then press *ok* to remove:

Run HijackThis and post the new log.

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Hi again,

The system is getting a little bit better with less advertising however there are still slowdown problems. I have completed the guide to disk claning and browser cleaning.

I have also unzipped the hijackthis file and it is currently reuuning from a unzipped place. I have also provided the log below.

I have also cleaned the prefetch. :tazz:

I have run ad-aware and it found 4 instances of trackware cookies and i deleted and quarintined them. ;)

I have cleaned out the TIF. :)

I was however unable to download Ewido because it stopped at 32% for some reason. :cheers:

Thanks for all your help in this matter and please reply asap ! :spoton:

Scan saved at 20:55:26, on 13/08/2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\HijackThis.exe

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
sorry here is my new log in a permenat folder as you asked before thanks :tazz:

Scan saved at 16:55:03, on 14/08/2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\HijackThis.exe

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi cleverboy12

Your HJT.log is clean.
How is the system running now and what problems are you still having.

Please download: http://www.trendmicr...m/spyware-scan/

Unzip and run the program

Postback with any information and a new Hjt.log

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Hi again thatman,

I have run the Spyware scan and it seems as though that there are several instances of tracking cookies from websites such as go.com etc. ;)

My PC is actually working a little better than before but I still think that there is something because when i did a scan with another scn engine there were two trojans on my computer. :)

Here is my new HijackThis Log and I would also like to thank you for your time on helping me on this matter. Greatest Thanks : :tazz:

Scan saved at 10:43:08, on 15/08/2005

Running processes:

Advertisements

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi cleverboy12

Download this scanner - cureit.
ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/drweb-cureit.exe

Run drweb - cureit
Doubleclick the "drweb-cureit.exe" and click "ok" in the prompt window that will open , asking "start the express scan now".
It will first make a quick scan of your system, let it clean what it find, and when it says "done" in the lower left corner click on all your drive's.
A red dot will mark the selected drive(s) . Then hit the pedestrian who now has turned green
Click on the green man in the right corner, it will scan All your drive's, say yes to all

Post a new Hjt.log when done.

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
hi thatman,

you told me to do this earier anyway i done it again and there are two trojans and it tries to delete t but it dont manage. It is located in the system 32 IAC.

My new hijackthis log;

Scan saved at 11:40:17, on 15/08/2005

Running processes:

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi cleverboy12

1. Download and unzip http://skads.org/special/rkfiles.zip to a folder.

2. Boot into safemode to do this keep tapping F8 on your keyboard while your PC is starting up you will get a menu select safemode.

3. While in safemode go to the folder you unzipped rkfiles to and run rkfiles.bat. It will take a long time and it will make a log log.txt.
Reboot into normal mode and post that log here in a reply.

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
:tazz: hi again thatman,

It has come to my attention that i cant download the file due to server problems.

however i have to say that the computer is starting to cut down on these pop ups.

Anyway I still have trackware and trojans and i am not sure if they have all gone.

any other ideas please

thanks for your support in this topic :)

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi cleverboy12

you told me to do this earier anyway i done it again and there are two trojans and it tries to delete t but it dont manage. It is located in the system 32 IAC.

It is a pity you did not get the full path and name's of the trojan's

What server problems are we talking of here ?