Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Linux

• Please log in to reply

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey, i tried loading "Linux Mandriva 10.2" (i think its 10.2) and it loads perfect and everything but when i start up, it comes to the boot menu, i pick linux it goes to the linux load up screen and it just reboots everytime it gets to the end.

Advertisements

tictoc

tictoc

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hey, i tried loading "Linux Mandriva 10.2" (i think its 10.2) and it loads perfect and everything but when i start up, it comes to the boot menu, i pick linux it goes to the linux load up screen and it just reboots everytime it gets to the end.

View Post

Gonna need some hardware specs...
Have you tried F1 after selecting linux to show the boot process...might show an error that's relevant
(btw, Mandriva LE 2005 (10.2) is the reason I dumped that OS, I was a faithful Mandrake user prior to that...it got way too flakey on my hardware after the name change for some reason)

Edited by tictoc, 13 August 2005 - 07:25 AM.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
yes i think everytime i start up the boot process runs, but no errors at all, I got Intel P4 2.8 512 DDR 400 Geforce FX 5200, anything else you want to know?

tictoc

tictoc

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
This sounds vaguely familiar but by no means am I certain of this fix.
IIRC, I had to add "noapm" (no advanced power management) to the boot command to get one of my boxes to boot up.
"linux noapm" (without the quotes) would be what I'd try first...sorry, can't remember how to edit the boot command in Mandriva...pretty sure you can find that on your own. :tazz:

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Thanks, i will defintly try that and get back to you on this topic.