Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help - View>List>by Name

• Please log in to reply

redleaf

redleaf

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
:tazz: This isn't a biggie, but it's really irritating. I often like to view the items inside my folders by "list" . It's easier for me to find things alphabetically.

The problem is that since I installed Windows XP, these lists invariably come up backwards! Z to A, with folders listed at the end instead of the beginning.

I then have to go to View>List>by Name and click in order to put things the way they should be. This isn't saving me any time.

Advertisements

LIONWOODS

LIONWOODS

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
When viewing your list, simply right-click in an open space and Arrange the Icons by name.

redleaf

redleaf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thank you Lionwoods, that's a nifty little quick fix for the list.

I still want to know WHY all the lists are initially coming up alphabetically backwards? Could I have virus? This seems like strange behavior to me. Never had a pc do this before.

Maybe I should post a new question about this but now when I double click on a folder, I get a search window instead of opening the folder. If I right click on the folder, the first option on the list is SEARCH,where it always used to be OPEN.

I can't find where to change the alphabetical order in Folders Options or where to change SEARCH back to OPEN. To the best of my knowledge, I never changed any of these settings myself.

I've run my updated virus programs, spyware, malware, etc. No problems found there.

Any ideas?