Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

itunes problem

• Please log in to reply

oliviaorange

oliviaorange

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi. I've been using Itunes for a few weeks now and everything was fine. Today after booting up my computer I tried to play some music. When I press play, it looks as if it's getting ready (the play button turns into a pause button and there's a little speaker next to the track I selected) but the time elapsed remains at 0:00 and it just won't play. There is no error code or anything. I have tried this with multiple playlists including ones I was listening to just yesterday and none of them work.

I'm not sure, this might be related: I tried opening Winamp since Itunes wasn't working. When I tried to play a track, I got error 88780078 saying that there was a problem with my directsound driver. I hunted around on the internet and found the solution which was to go under preferences and to change from a "primary sound driver" to my actual soundcard and now winamp is working fine. I can't find any similar options on itunes.

I am using Windows XP and ran update yesterday. Perhaps there is new music software I need to do something with? Please help! Thanks.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
go to control panel, sounds, and change the preferences listed in there. you could also update your sound driver.

oliviaorange

oliviaorange

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks! If anyone is having similar problem- it was under the hardware tab (not sounds) of the sound and audio properties.