Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

internet connection fails

• Please log in to reply

extremeone

extremeone

• Pip
  • 7 posts
okay basically every time i start the computer it is connected fine to my broadband but after a few mins it turns off so i have to restart, now i know its not my broadband as my router doesnt even connect, please help!

its in hardware etc. as i think its my mobo connection

Edited by extremeone, 13 August 2005 - 11:00 AM.

Advertisements

sprout

sprout

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Other than losing connection, is everything else functioning properly?

extremeone

extremeone

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
yes, btw i changed the network card and still the same problems :tazz:

sprout

sprout

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
While changing the NIC, did you also change out the CAT5 cable? If not, then do so and see what happens. Also, reset your router...physically unplug it from the power source, wait about 10 seconds and plug it back in.

extremeone

extremeone

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i reseted the router after you said and it still d/c's what do you mean change out the CAT5 cable, it is the same cable, i tried disconnecting every cable etc. and putting them back in but i dont see how that would help