Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Wont Start

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Every time I start up my computer i get a blue screen with an error message.I have tried safe mode and i get the same error. I ran the diagnostic test and went to symptom tree and chose OS does not start. This is what it gave me,

In IDE DISK S/N 3JX8NG SG-READ TEST
ERROR CODE OFOO:O244
MSG BLOCK 6655662
Uncorrectable Data Error Or Media Is Write Protected

I have also found these error codes,

OFOO:136C-IDE DEVICE FAILED
OFOO:O244-BLOCK 6655662
OFOO:1A44-BLOCK 6655662

The first error on the blue screen during startup is,

0x000000ED (0x8130BC30, 0x0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have tried everything. Please help ASAP.

Thanks

Edited by 11010110, 13 August 2005 - 12:02 PM.

Advertisements

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Try resetting the data and power cables running to your hard drive, with the system powered off and unplugged. If the hard drive will still not boot, and the diagnostics report errors again, the hard drive will need to be replaced.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

the hard drive will need to be replaced

While this may be true, don't go out and buy a new hard drive until you try swapping the IDE cable. If your computer has another IDE cable you can remove from your CD player, take it off and swap it with the hard drive cable.

Please refer to your computer manual for the correct way to install the IDE cables. You must follow the instructions as it does make a difference how they are attached to the motherboard or any other component.