Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is anma.exe part of my malware issues?

• Please log in to reply

sneel3

sneel3

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have run McAfee Virus Scan, McAfee AntiSpy, Ad-Aware SE Personal, and MicroSoft AntiSpyware. I have McAfee Firewall, McAfee Privacy Service and Comcast Toolbar Pop-Up Blockers running. I have tried to run MyPCUninstaller, CWShredder and ewido-setup to try to kill "WinFixer" pop-up ads (which I think may have worked). I have done a disc cleanup on my hard drive. I have removed, or tried to remove all programs that I do not recognize or do not use through the remove programs tool. I have used the McAfee Shredder to get rid of some that would not remove through that tool. I have searched the hard drive for items that looked suspicious and deleted them, when the system would let me.

After all of that, I am still getting pop-ups / ads / or whatever you call them.

Any ideas.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
It looks like you did a lot of work, but many malware apps run from memory and killing the program while in windows will not actually kill it.

Please go HERE and follow the directions/steps. If you still have problems, post in the Malware forum for help.

Edited by makai, 13 August 2005 - 12:26 PM.