Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP no disk error

• Please log in to reply

joediggity

joediggity

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When opening Outlook or User Manager, I recieve a pop-up error message No Disk...There is no disk in the drive please insert a disk into drive. This just recently started happening. I have scanned for viruses and malware, ran hi-jack this. Nothing appears out of the ordinary. When I either put any disk in the floppy drive or disable the disk controller everything works fine. Any ideas?Attached File  no_disk.doc   25.5KB   214 downloads

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Right-click on My Computer, click Properties.
In the newly opened, system properties dialog.
Click on Environment Variables.
In ur next post list all the variables having a path value with a: (where a: is ur Floopy drive letter.)

apex36

apex36

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I ha ve the same problem , i did the environment variables search and found no listings with an a path. is there a solution to this? It really annoys me and has me concerned it may harm my system. 6 weeks ago I had a hard drive crash on me.

Edited by apex36, 16 August 2005 - 05:48 PM.

BenkartJKB

BenkartJKB

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Had the same problem with Quickime and Gaim. I performed a disk cleanup, and "recent documents" were pointing to files I deleted. I cleared the recent documents list for the OS and quicktime, and the problem went away. Still happens for Gaim, though. I need to dig further.

rosey1

rosey1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello , upon inserting disk in drive a: i get insert disk in drive no disk in drive a:
disk in drive a: not recognized. could this be a driver problem? everything else works fine. just can't get disk drive a: to open disk in drive
help

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Direct to: rosey1

Please start your own topic as this one over 4 years since a post has been made to it.
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved.
By bumping on someone's topic it makes it confusing for the tech to understand who they are helping. This can in turn cause the wrong support to be given and can cause instability or worse to happen to your system.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Edited by rshaffer61, 14 January 2010 - 09:11 PM.