Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty mutiplayer help

• Please log in to reply

Sgt. Trigger

Sgt. Trigger

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ive been playing Call of Duty multiplayer online for a while but i recently installed the 1.4 multiplayer patch and now when i try to enter a server it goes to awaiting cd key authorization and never leaves that. BTW i also have zonealarm and was wondering if the problem was assosiated to that. <_<

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome to GTG Sgt. Trigger. Sounds like ZoneAlarm is probably blocking access to the server. Tenporarily disable ZoneAlarm and see if it works. If so, you'll have to create a permission to allow it.

Yarnouth

Yarnouth

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
Next time you get this hit escape. Check in the Call of Duty options and enter your cd key in the box provided. This is usually because CoD did'nt close properly last time you used it. Then pull down the console using the '¬' key and type :
/reconnect

Sgt. Trigger

Sgt. Trigger

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I tried that and now it doesnt say awaitng cd key verification but it just stays at awaiting connection forever

Yarnouth

Yarnouth

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
Close all programs and open your zone alarm panel. Locate to Program control and look for Call of Duty in there. If it is then check to see if it has access. The easiest thing for you to do here is delete the entries from Zone Alarm. Close the window. Open CoD and when Zonealarm asks for permission tick the remember box and enable both promts. You should get two banners. One to allow access and the other to act as a server.

Sgt. Trigger

Sgt. Trigger

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
yep i did that before but still didnt work <_<

Yarnouth

Yarnouth

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
Try updating your PunkBuster files. Right click these links and save them to the following folder: C:\Program Files\Call of Duty\pb

PB Client v1.124 for Win32 Filename: wc001124.htm
PB ClientA v1336 for Win32 Filename: wa001336.htm

You can find the site here:
http://www.evenbalan...support-cod.php
under downloads.

Sgt. Trigger

Sgt. Trigger

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yea i tried that but it still didnt work however now that i have the 1.5 patch it works on the internet oaw well guess i just had to wait it out thnx for the help though :tazz: