Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

transering files ect question

• Please log in to reply

Shadowmeph

Shadowmeph

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi Peeps I have been here for a little while usually reading posts and I have learned allot from most posts , now I have a question , I don't use msn messenger and would prefer not to use it but I have friends that do and allot of the time they want to send me files or just want to chat, is there another type of messenger that doesn't have spyware crap on it rthat I can use or is there a way to remove the spyware from msn messenger, if so please tell me how.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
what spyware are you talkin about?

Shadowmeph

Shadowmeph

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
well I just thought that msn messenger was full of spyware thats all. anyway I have tryed to install msn messenger before and I kept getting a message saying that msn messenger failed to install and the reason is this "windows\system32\advpack.dll" now I have never seen this before so I just figured that it was some type of spyware, if it isn't and msn isn't full of spyware then I would like to install it but I am not sure of how to fix this problem

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
it's from microsoft...so....it's pretty safe to say it's cleanish....go to microsoft.com and search that advpack.dll and see what it is...you may be supprised at what you need it for