Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Makin some machinima

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Me and freind are going to make a comical video series and we are going to use some machinima elements. So does anyone know of any good software for doing this task just recording straight from your game. I know of fraps i had it a while ago but never actually used it, anyone know of anyhting else to use thats good.

Advertisements

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
My friend tried to do some machinima a while back, he used fraps... it worked well. But the series was horrible, heh.

What game are you using for the series? CS:S?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
A few games, CS:S, HL2:DM, GTA probably C&C zero hour and maybe some stuff from HW2 with the PDS mod, and Jedi knight acedemy for some good saber battles. Its part live action part machinima.
It is going to be rather funny more for us and out pals at first there will probably be a lot of in jokes, but it should hopefully be funny for everyone, once we get a website going and a couple of finsished eps ill post the address up.

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Sounds fun, good luck. :tazz: