My problem: the start page of IE is normally set to GOOGLE but it keeps changing to AAAWEBSEARCH.COM. In addition it sometimes adds adult sex sites to my FAVOURITES but this has apparently been fixed by one of the many SPY Scanning programs that I have been trying.
The following are things that I have done so far:
1. I ran SPYBOT, GIANT ANTISPYWARE, SPYSUBTRACT, and CWSHREDDER. All of these detected and erased some spy activity but none of them have prevented the hijacking of my start page from re-occurring.
2. Ad-aware was loaded and all spy findings were removed.
3. All Windows Critical Updates have been installed.
4. I am now using AVG antivirus also.
5. I have made a log file with HJT and R1 has a lot of entries named AFLASHCOUNTER.COM
What do you suggest I try next?
Thank you in advance for any help!