Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Corrupt zip file

• Please log in to reply

DaveGuyan

DaveGuyan

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
hi,

i have a zipped itunes file (actually the whole program), and it says it is corrupt when i try to open...there are hundreds of albums which i dont have access to now....

ever heard of this before...what can i do to fix file...woudl winzip company help..or itunes? it will take about 400hrs to put all the cds back on comp...

any suggestions will be useful.

Dave

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Sorry to hear that... but, you should never, ever, zip something you intend to keep! Zip files are known to corrupt!!

You can try these programs to repair the file, but try to make a copy first even if it's corrupted.

Pkzipfix (scroll down to the bottom of the page)

Zipfix (Direct download)

DaveGuyan

DaveGuyan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
it is not good...i forgot to say that i had my ipod stolen while on holiday..so this is why i was trying to get into the zipped file...which was stored on parnets computer...and zipped while i was away...so not best pleased at the mo!!

anyways...i will need to go to the computer and get all the info you have asked for tomorrow...as i am not on it now....i will get back to you then.(do you want me to PM you as there will be a time lag? b4 i get back to you)

i am sooo hoping there is a way of getting the files back to save me the time of putting all back on. i will try the links you sent tomorrow.

i really am very grateful for your help.

Dave

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Your specs are not needed in this case. I hope you can recover your files.