Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Very Bad graphics problem

• Please log in to reply

farore

farore

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello, i am haveing a problem with the way my graphics card is rendering things while in a game. I can be playing for 5 minutes and evryhitng just hits the crapper. All colors turn into disco mode the terrain dissapears. caht boxxes go haywire evryhitng in blood red color. I have tried new drivers and cleaned out old ones. got a new PSU and still nothing. I am running an
AMD barton 2600
windows 2k
ecs elitegroup k7vta3 mobo
512 kingston ram
Nvidia GeforceFX 5700

Games i get the problem wtih are Starwars galaxies, BF2, Call of duty

Advertisements

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Is the Fan still working on your Video Card? And what size Power Supply do you have?

farore

farore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Yes the fan still spins and its an antec 400 watt PSU

farore

farore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
any help

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
ECS mainboards are notoriously unreliable and exhibit compatibility problems. your board for instance has seven revisions. Which leads me to believe they had numerous problems with it. What revision is your board?

2.0A

farore

farore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
version 6.

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
1. Install the latest BIOS v6.0c
2. Reboot in Safe mode (F8 on startup) and uninstall ALL video drivers in add/remove, then go into device manager (control panel, system icon, hardware tab) and under Display adapters remove all that are there.
3. Reboot in Normal mode and download and install the latest chipset (Via 4-in-1 v4.56v) and video (nVidia v77.77).

Edited by admin, 29 November 2005 - 11:30 PM.

farore

farore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ok i just formated adn upgraded to windows xp. still same problem, then i switched my vid card for a 5200 and problem goes away. so no wit thinks it time to start the RMA thing with BFG and get a new card

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Since you reformatted you have to install DirectX v9.0c before installing any drivers (I never said to reformat BTW).

Did you update the BIOS and install the drivers in the order and the versions I specified?

Edited by GeneralAres, 17 August 2005 - 05:00 PM.