Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PSGuard

• Please log in to reply

Tracknwave

Tracknwave

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm having a problem with PSGuard and saw the posting on your site: http://www.geekstogo...exe-t48913.html

I too had this garbage installed to my computer while on the internet and have been trying to get rid of it. My symptoms are somewhat different however. I can use Ad-Aware to remove it almost entirely - except there are 3 files which Ad-Aware says it cannot delete. They are: C:\_RESTORE\TEMP\A0633387.0 and C:\_RESTORE\TEMP\A0633417.1 and C:\_RESTORE\TEMP\A0633563.0
I have removed PSGuard with Ad-Aware now 5 times and it seems to remove all the files except for these 3. I also go through and delete all the folders which are left (in the usual places - program files, Windows\Application Data\ Shudder Global Limited\PSGuard and others. I then don't see PSGuard anywhere while I use the machine. But as soon as I get on line, it begins to rebuild itself and comes right back. First are the dippy little icons on the task bar and then finally a full blown version which installs a short cut on the desktop and opens and begins to scan my computer. I have to shut it off and fix the settings for it to not run. It's obvioius this thing has control of going somewhere as soon as I get on line. I fear what else this garbage might be doing while I am on line. HELP! I've tried to manually remove the files, but I can't find them. Why can Ad-Aware find them, not remove them, yet I can't even find them?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Tracknwave

Advertisements

bricat

bricat

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 645 posts
Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and post your log as a new topic in the Hijack This forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.