Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

slow wireless internet

• Please log in to reply

pyro4444

pyro4444

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I am for some reson now geting a very slow wireless connection. i have cable internet and normaly im runing 54 mbps but our of no where now i am runing 11. i do share it with 2 other computers but even with them off its still slow. if anyone has an idea ill try anything to get my mom from stop complaneing that its slow.

Advertisements

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Is your internet capped?

pyro4444

pyro4444

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
i dont know it was all fine untill one day it just got slow. i tested my laptop just as far away and i got a really fast connection. so it must be something with that one computer. i just redid it also but it got slow a wile after.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

i dont know it was all fine untill one day it just got slow. i tested my laptop just as far away and i got a really fast connection. so it must be something with that one computer. i just redid it also but it got slow a wile after.

View Post

Ok well if you are using the same connect, and user id as on the computer that is going slow with the internet and the other computers one is fast then it would not be the capping.

Have you done a virus and spyware check?