Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NEED SUGGESTIONS ON ZONE ALARM

• Please log in to reply

davemendoza

davemendoza

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I just bought Zone Alarm Pro today. I wish I had not known about file Hippos free version after the fact that I paid $40 .... I hope I am getting my monies worth .....

Anyway, I am still getting spyware identified on Spybot, what privacy settings do you suggest I use to kill leaks once and for all and yet not get annoyed with as many Zone Alarm messages as I am getting.

I just bought it a few hours ago. I would appreciate your insights.

I am particularly interested in which of teh following settings to click in:

Mobile Copde Control?

Session Cookies?

Proivacy Advisor?

Do I need to click Animation in Ad blocking list?

ETC ETC

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
I use Zonealarm, but I'm no expert. The best place to get info on setup is to visit the ZA FORUMS.

davemendoza

davemendoza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I have enclosed an Everest Report. The biggest problem overall that I am having is with Outlook 2003 receiving and sending emails. Ever since I downloaded Zone Alarm, Outlook 2003 struggles to download emails unless I close it and restart.

I had to shut off the Email Protection in and out options.

I was also wondering, as soon as you modify options in the Zone Alarm Pro Manager, do the changes take effect? I ask ebcause usually in programs you have to click apply or Okay to get changes into effect.

Again, I really need help everyone since I have projects due in the morning.

Thanks!

Attached Files

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
I've seen your other posts, but it didn't dawn on me that you were the same person. Why post three topics on the same subject? Go to Zonealarm forums, they can probably answer your questions much better and sooner. You'll be lucky to find any hits here because many people may be using different versions of ZA. I still use version 4.5 and have no clue about what settings you have. Posting multiple times about the same problem only eats up bandwidth on this website. Please be more considerate as there are over 100,000 members here. :tazz: