Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Browser unable to find web page

• Please log in to reply

snillocjnhoj

snillocjnhoj

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi
I have an Acer 1350 laptop running 2600+Athlon XP, using XP professional, using Mozilla browser. Was fine until last week when command com disappeared and would not boot.
I used restore discs and reloaded XP. Firstly Boot sequence was wrong as it interrogated network card, but I have altered that under Setup & its OK now.
But access to internet is now very slow and the browser will not find a web page (any) unless at least 3 attempts are made.

It sometimes also launches IE 6, again three times at the beginning of an internet session.

I have scanned for viruses - using Stinger and AVG - and none were found.

I have deleted and reinstalled the dial up connection as well as pinging the server (which it did fine)

I am using Onetel as my ISP

Any suggestions, please <_<

Advertisements

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi snillocjnhoj

May be you need to post a HijackThis log in the HJT. Forum fist

kc thumbsup.gif

snillocjnhoj

snillocjnhoj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi

Thanks for reply. This posting was my introduction to this forum. When I did not get a reply, I did post a Hijackthis log and you, amongst others, helped me clear up the infestation.

So, this topic has been cleared.

Thanks again for all your help

You do a great job

John thumbsup.gif