Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help with upgrade

• Please log in to reply

sjenkinson

sjenkinson

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi all hope it is ok to ask about upgrading my pc on here.
i will tell you what i have and with any luck you can tell me what to upgrade,i use my computer for playing online games 99% of the time but do use it fot normal house hold thing as well.

Inte® Pentium 4 CPU 3.40GHz,
1023MB corsair memory
2x 120.1GB st3 120026AS hard drives raided
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5950 (256mb)
Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM)
PLEXTOR DVDR PX-708A
LITE-ON COMBO SOHC-5232K
Microsoft windows xp home

Now this is a alianware system but it is about 3 years old and on some new games it can be a bit laggy and can crash from games back to desktop so any ideas on whet to upgrade plz let me know thanks :tazz:

Edited by sjenkinson, 13 August 2005 - 11:40 PM.

Advertisements

Scooped

Scooped

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Nice Box! Can't see much of anything you need to upgrade.

Sounds to me like you're having software issues, rather than hardware. Over the course of time, even with a secure setup, XP tends to become a bit unstable. I suggest formatting and reinstalling XP.

Of course, when you complain about it being laggy, this is most likely because of the speed of your internet connection. For decent gaming you should probally be on atleast DSL, preferably cable. :tazz:

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
<delete my reply>

Edited by Tony_1983, 14 August 2005 - 02:42 AM.