Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo messenger (punk) keeps booting me

• Please log in to reply

haole_honey

haole_honey

banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz: hey guys, this man tried to win my affections on Yahoo, when i declined his offer he got irrate and said "time for you to go offline". Then this message popped up that he was accessing my files...i couldnt stop it, then there was a message from myself to myself in im form but said "boot" after my name and then i was booted off. i went and inactivated the "alias" name i was using...not my main name and put him on ignore as yahoo suggested. then about 2 hours later i got an im from him saying "i hope you like getting booted off and on" and bam i was booted offline again, not just yahoo, but offline, i was on my laptop and could get back online via wireless. but, my other puter was ok. eventually it came back on, i went to gtg main website, i ran every spybot and cleaner you guys had up on both computers.

I dont know if i have rid myself of him. i reported him to yahoo, which is probably not going to do anything. i have archived my messeges so i was able to prove his intent. still i dont expect any help.

do you guys have any ideas how to check if i am still vulnerable. are there any geeks out there that are bored? his name is alohalover252, you can check his stupid profle, steve, he is a nudist likes photography. he wanted to photograph me...lol. yuck. if anyone wants to tell me how to boot him, in private...lol, email me at [email protected]. Fight fire with fire right?

mahalo from your haole honey....christine ;)

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Go to your Start menu, right click on My Computer, and choose Properties.

In the Systems Properties window, choose the Remote tab.

Under Remote Assistance, put a Check mark in the box for "Allow Remote assistance invitations to be sent from this computer", (if it's not already checked), then click on the Advanced button. In the Remote Assistance Settings window, UNCHECK "Allow this computer to be controlled remotely", and click OK.

Once you get back on the Remote tab, UNCHECK "Allow Remote assistance invitations to be sent from this computer", then click on Apply, then OK, then exit Systems Properties.

What was happening is that you were sending out information about your computer over the net. The person simply knew how to access/use that information to access your computer because you "allowed" remote access priviledges.

This procedure does not allow people to access your computer over the net, so if you do ever need to allow access, this whole process would have to be undone.

Aloha, and hope you have safer surfing!!