Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Photo and editing for websites

• Please log in to reply

amarie021

amarie021

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I am pressed for time for a website, and and am still struggling with my job as creating websites. i have two questions for those who might be able to help:

1.) How would you put together photos online to be used easily? Are there programs or ways and such that would allow easy viewing? (ie. photoalbum?)

and

2.)I need to edit the photos to use throughout the webpages as well and wanted to know which program would be faster/easier to learn, since I will be starting from square one for both for them of them.::Photoshop or Fireworks::

Since im working with dreamweaver, i'm inclined to use FWs, because its partners with DM, but both programs I will need to learn from scratch and I can't decide which one would be easier and better to learn and use to get the job done.

thanks' a bunches for reading. :tazz:

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You can use Irfanview to batch edit/convert/rename photos, and it's free besides. There are any number of programs, many also freeware, which can make thumbnail pages to specification. Batchthumbs is a good example. You can also find slide show presentations, flash player presentations, etc.. If you're getting some expensive program just to do very simple editing, cropping and converting for web pages you're spending a lot of money you don't need to.

amarie021

amarie021

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
well the reason why i would use these two programs is because I have them both from work to use for free to maintain the website.

I'm actually a very poor college student, who probably won't be able to afford those programs for myself any time soon lol

thanks for your reply :tazz:

Edited by amarie021, 14 August 2005 - 10:00 PM.

wishiwereageek

wishiwereageek

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I use PhotoShop constantly in my work and I love it. I know nothing about Fireworks. It can be a little tricky to figure out how to use the fancier aspects of PhotoShop (or even know what incredible things you can do with it!). There are excellent tutorials on the web for PhotoShop. I suggest that you google them up if you decide to use PhotoShop. Hope this was helpful!