Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help with ... "bandwidth"?

• Please log in to reply

M4d$k1llz

M4d$k1llz

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
hey, i use mozilla firefox as a browser, and when i download files on there, it starts downloading at 700kB/sec and quickly goes down to 500kB/sec (by which time the 6mb'ish files im downloading are done) the lowest it normally goes is, 30kB/sec ish.

But my problem lies with programs like, "eMule", and "shareaza", i just downloaded shareaza to downloada few songs, but they start off at, 1kB/sec, and then go into the 500B/sec.... which means 3mb songs, taking HOURS to complete, my friend yesterday said that if i do download shareaza, then i will need to sort out my "bandwidth" cuz its probably all set for internet browsers, not for programs downloading,

How can i edit my "bandwidth" so i can download music files at like 30kB/sec, like i could if i was downloading on firefox??? and is this even to do with "bandwidth" or is it another matter completly??

p.s :) :happy: :tazz: :tazz: <<-- kool emotions! ;)

Edited by M4d$k1llz, 14 August 2005 - 03:53 AM.

Advertisements