Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Pop Up Blocker

• Please log in to reply

irish_eyes

irish_eyes

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
What is the best pop up blocker available for free? I had the one that Cox provides, but half the time it allows bad pop-ups and denies the second window when I click on a link. I am really frustrated by all the popups, and afraid of what they may be dropping on my unsuspecting and newly pristine system!

:tazz:

Advertisements

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

What is the best pop up blocker available for free?  I had the one that Cox provides, but half the time it allows bad pop-ups and denies the second window when I click on a link.  I am really frustrated by all the popups, and afraid of what they may be dropping on my unsuspecting and newly pristine system!

:tazz:

View Post

Hi irish_eyes,

Welcome to Geeks To Go.

I use the one that IE 6 has in Service Pack 2. I have it set to high. Works for me

Edited by Tony_1983, 14 August 2005 - 05:00 AM.

irish_eyes

irish_eyes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
I have heard a lot of terrible things about SP2 - from hanging pages to repeated system crashes. Have you had any problems with it?

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Nope, never had a problem. I keep everything up to date with my security and software.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
The Google toolbar pop up blocker is effective, too.

There is no reason to NOT install SP2 on a clean system, and about a dozen reasons why you should, mostly security issues.

Johanna