Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

display problems

• Please log in to reply

simplicity

simplicity

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
just recently, i unplugged everything on my computer + pc so i could put a new table in.

after plugging everything back in, i noticed that the colors on my computer screen are a bit weird. they come off as either blue, black, or bright yellow.

my computer colors settings are on high color (sixteen bit) and prior to the unplugging, the colors were working fine.

i was wondering if i plugged something in wrong or if there something wrong with my pc?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
On the face of it, it sounds like a connection problem with your cables. You might take a look at the connections for bent pins and try reseating the connectors.

simplicity

simplicity

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
i checked it and there was a bent pin. . .and then i switched my monitor with another one that i had and the problem was kinda gone.

now i can see some colors. .. but its still not completely back to original. there are still some problems with the color display. . and i think it has something to do with my settings.

for some reason, i can't switch my settings back to high color (16 bit) and its set on 256 colors no matter how many times i change it. any way to fix this?

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

i checked it and there was a bent pin. . .and then i switched my monitor with another one that i had and the problem was kinda gone.

now i can see some colors. .. but its still not completely back to original. there are still some problems with the color display. . and i think it has something to do with my settings.

for some reason, i can't switch my settings back to high color (16 bit) and its set on 256 colors no matter how many times i change it. any way to fix this?

View Post

This part sounds like a problem with the display adapter drivers. Right click on My Computer, choose Properties, then Device Manager, expand Display adapter and try reinstallling the drivers. First write down what it says the adapter is and post it here if that doesn't work, so we can tell what is happening.

simplicity

simplicity

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
for some odd reason, my colors have startd working again :)
thanks for your help anyway. it was appreciated :tazz: