Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows corruption

• Please log in to reply

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Thanks samm but your example is really a much better and accurate way of doing it and its something no computer troubleshooter should be without, its also very usefull around the house and garage.

Rick

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Thanks Doby, although to be fair it was originally warriorscot's suggestion, not mine! I agree that they are extremely useful things to have though

ox411

ox411

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
well... its been a few days and so far no problems.....
i guess it was the power supply afterall....
thanks everyone for your help

HalfGeek

HalfGeek

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm gonna jump wayyyyy out in left field and suggest that the Antec PS had/has and open and is producing electromagnetic field which was surging at startup and erasing part of the hard drive.

HeHe I just had to stir a little, it's been one of those weeks.

zxSolidSnakexz

zxSolidSnakexz

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
This is obviously not the problem, but are you zip-tieing the sata cbles at sharp angles? With SATA this can cause data corruption.