Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My mouse will not work!

• Please log in to reply

SmartKid

SmartKid

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Ok, i need help. I have a SilverCrest (Cheap German company) Wireless destop office set, which has in it a wireless keybaord, a wireless optical laser mouse and a reciever. My system specification is as follows:
AMD 64bit 3000+
Windows XP SP2 Professional
512MB DDR
80 GB 7200RPM HD
Nividia GeForce 5200FX 128MB
ASROCK K8Upgrade-760GX (which has 6 USB 2.0 Ports)
And i think that is all that may be required.
The mouse & keyboard set has a USB calbe that comes from the reciever that plus into a USB port and a cable comes from the USB cable that goes into A PS/2 port (for the mouse.)
All drivers are loaded, and windows states that the hardware is working ok.
But i have tried resesting it many times, i have restarted my pc numerous times. I have also disconnected it and reconnected it. I have checked the batteries tried three different makes of batteries, i have checked the connectors. I have tried putting the cables into a different port (To see if the port was faulty.) I have also checked the pins on the PS/2 connector. The keybaord is still working, the mouse light for the laser bit is lit up (so it cant be the contacts) The reciever is recieving the signal from the mouse (because the recievers mouse flashes when the mouse moves) but the actual pointer on the screen fails to move. I think it could be the reciever, but what do you think? Please help me!

Advertisements

SmartKid

SmartKid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
i sorted it out yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont bother to post a reply :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
What was it

SmartKid

SmartKid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
LOL something really stupid, when i got my desktop set i had put the mouse PS/2 cable into the mouse PS/2 port, but by accident today i knocked it out whilst i was playing a game online, trusting me i quickly just oput it back in. I checked out all the advanced stuff known to me, and i forgot one really really simple thing I PUT THE MOUSE PS/2 INTO A KEYBOARD PS/2 SLOT! I feel really embaressed now :tazz:

SmartKid

SmartKid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Sorry to waste your time, i am so stupid! I should of checked that before i started dealing with hardware settings! Sorry :tazz: