Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Discussion - Brand Name Computers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
I never purchased a whole computer from any brand. I built my computer for several reasons including the ability to completely customize, not break any warranties put on by the company (by opening the case or installing Linux), experience, etc.

I would have to say Dell if I had to choose a company to buy a computer from. I'm thinking about buying a notebook computer (it isn't too easy to find parts without paying more than a name-brand one) before college, and Dell is the first place I'll look if I do.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i like dell for the price and what you get...plus the service...i've had good things come out of MICRON computers as well...mainly laptops...but i agree with pi...there's nothing more gratifying than getting a machine you built to actually turn on and work....i find it's usually better to build your own..because you have more of an understanding of what's inside...that way when something breaks...you can troubleshoot easier.

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
I used to hate Dell because all of the ones I used were slow and broke but now they seem to be a lot better. I like Dell but I love my Compaq laptop. It usually never breaks until I do something stupid like the last couple of weeks. My vote goes to Dell for Customer Service/ price but I like my HP/Compaq a lot too. But their customer service isnt so great.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
You brought up a thread that died in November 2005 for that?