Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cleanup! Problem

• Please log in to reply

grandpa

grandpa

• PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Hi

Can someone help. please.

I have CleaUp! installed and up until now running. All of a sudden it goes through most of its cleanup but seems to be stalling at "deleting temp files". I try to close, but it won't unless I use Task Mgr. I have uninstalled and downloaded fresh copy and reinstalled, but still no joy. It just sits there apparently doing nothing and telling me its deleting temp file. I run this pgm approx every 2 days, and have hand no trouble in the past.

Anyone any ideas please as to what I may be able to do.

Many thanks

Grandpa

Advertisements

aldaros23

aldaros23

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
try cleaning up temp documents from internet explorer first (under Tools, Internet Options... etc) then run it - also try using ad-aware or microsoft anti-spyware to clear your temp files as well

- these can be downloaded on the DO YOU SUSPECT A MALWARE VIRUS PAGE, at the top
- not that you have a virus - they will just help clean everything up