Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

pop3 connector retrieves mail but mail is lost

• Please log in to reply

Pessanha

Pessanha

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a exchange server 2003 in s.b.server. It retrieves mail from the pop3 accounts and distribuites them over the user accounts in windows. It does retrives the mails from the isp mailboxes but the mails are lost bitween them. Can you help me?

Advertisements

cewashler

cewashler

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Pessanha,

I ran into this exact problem with our SBS server also. The problem is most likelu in the routing process. The first thing to do is to turn on diagnostic logging to provide more in depth information on where the problem is. To turn on diagnostic logging:

1. Click Start, and then click Server Management.
2. Expand Advanced Management, and then click POP3 Connector Manager.
3. In the right pane, click Open POP3 Connector Manager.
4. Click the Troubleshooting tab, and then click Maximum in the Logging level list.
5. In the Exchange mailbox list, click a mailbox where you want undeliverable e-mail messages sent to, and then click OK.
6. Click Yes on the following message that appears:
Changes to the logging level do not take effect until the Microsoft Connector for POP3 Mailboxes service is restarted. Restarting the service temporarily interrupts the download of mail until the service starts again. To restart the service now, click Yes. Otherwise, click No.
7. Click Open POP3 Connector Manager, and then click the Scheduling tab.
8. Click Retrieve Now, and then click OK on the following message that appears:
The Microsoft Connector for POP3 Mailboxes will now download and deliver e-mail. This may take a few moments.
9. Click OK.
10. In the left pane, under Advanced Management, expand Computer Management, expand System Tools, expand Event Viewer, and then click Application.

Once you have done this, force the pop3 connector to retrieve, and then post any error messages you receive.

CEW

Pessanha

Pessanha

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi cewashler,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, the mistake was mine. Im new to exchange and after a few hours of digging, i found that the default policy properties had the smtp misconfigured. It was poiting to the local domain and not to the mail domain. I changed it and everything went ok. I didnt knew that this smtp configuration had something to do with the retrieval of messages.

Thanks a lot.

:tazz: