Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help

• Please log in to reply

John_S

John_S

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I dont see card type but My Adapter is NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model64/Model 64 Pro
Posted Image

Edited by John_S, 31 August 2005 - 12:16 PM.

Advertisements

John_S

John_S

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Hi John_S...

What make and model is your Compaq? I'd like to search their site for the correct drivers before I send you to the NVIDIA drivers I found earlier.

wannabe1

My Monitor is Fs740 and my hardrive is Presario
But for my hardrive do you mean the Name it says on the cover of the hardrive or something else?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi John_S

The latest NVIDIA drivers for your card are located HERE. Download from the Primary Download link.

Driver Installation Hints

* "Download Accelerator" utilities should be disabled when downloading any drivers.

* Do not run virus protection software in the background while installing the drivers. This prevents the driver from configuring itself properly.

* Before installing new drivers make sure you uninstall all NVIDIA display drivers from the Windows Control Panel. Browse to the Start Menu > Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and search for "NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers" or "NVIDIA Display Drivers" and select remove.

Let us know if this helps.

wannabe1

John_S

John_S

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
DANG.. It says ''The NVIDIA SETUP PROGRAM could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit''

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Ok...I'll need the model number of your Presario...it should be on the front of the machine..guess we'll have to get the driver set from Compaq... :tazz:

wannabe1

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
The motherboard has the plugs of the video card and others. If it shorts, this will affect the video card and monitor. So, it could be either a short in either the monitor, motherboard, or video card.

John_S

John_S

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Ok its Compaq Presario 5000

John_S

John_S

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

The motherboard has the plugs of the video card and others. If it shorts, this will affect the video card and monitor. So, it could be either a short in either the monitor, motherboard, or video card.

what do u suggest I do?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hey John_S...

what do u suggest I do?

Let's try a couple more things before we start removing our shorts... :tazz:

Before you download and install these drivers, have you tried a system restore to a point before this problem began? If you haven't, I'd suggest trying that and if your problem remains, download and install These Drivers from Compaq.

Keep us posted on your progress...

wannabe1

John_S

John_S

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Its been downloaded and uhh whats a system restore???

Edited by John_S, 31 August 2005 - 08:09 PM.

Advertisements

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
System restore is something that Microsoft has added to windows, it restores your system to a time that it was working correctly

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Click "Start" point to "All Programs" then to "Accessories" then to "System Tools" and click on "System Restore". In the resulting window, make sure that the button next to "Restore my computer to an earlier time" is ticked...click "Next". Choose a bold date on the calendar before your problem began and click on it...click "Next". Let it do it's thing.

wannabe1

John_S

John_S

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I cant.. Because all the restore dates are weeks older than it began

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts

I cant.. Because all the restore dates are weeks older than it began

Older as in way before the problem? OR they are all after the problem started?

wannabe1

John_S

John_S

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
After It started