Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BITCOMET is not working!

• Please log in to reply

jackyang

jackyang

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
okay, I downloaded BITCOMET, a leeching device that allows me to download torrents. But every file i download is not responding at all. so i set all properties to [unlimited], not nothing changed, and i still don't download. since my friend told me that windows XP has automatic fire wall. Maybe i have a fire wall that i am not aware of? Or maybe it's because of Spyware doctor.
HOW CAN I FIX THIS?? PLEASE HELP

Edited by jackyang, 14 August 2005 - 06:23 PM.

Advertisements

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hello,

The more information you can provide, the better we can help you. How is your home network set up or how does your computer connect to the internet? Most bittorrent programs converse over a number of TCP and UDP ports that may be actively blocked by your software firewall. Also, it is crucial to be running a software firewall if using a broadband connection and the built-in windows firewall is not quite enough. You can search for links on a number of good free firewalls like Kerio and Sygate.

According to the BitComet FAQ, it uses a single TCP and UDP port for communcation (which I assume you can specify in an options screen in the program). Make sure to have the port open (or "forwarded" if you are using a router with multiple computers connecting to the internet through one internet connection).

Let us know how you are setup and if you have any questions about open or forwarding ports.

Cheers,
Tom

okay, I downloaded BITCOMET, a leeching device that allows me to download torrents. But every file i download is  not responding at all. so i set all properties to [unlimited], not nothing changed, and i still don't download. since my friend told me that windows XP has automatic fire wall. Maybe i have a fire wall that i am not aware of? Or maybe it's because of Spyware doctor.
HOW CAN I FIX THIS?? PLEASE HELP

View Post

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Guys please dont discuss this in the open forum use email or oms if you must.

Its against the terms of use to help with anything that is used for piracy. Bit comet is one of those things along with all the torrent software.

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hello,

I am sorry for violating the terms of use, but BitTorrent has many legal uses and seems strange to blanket ban discussion of clients. If we go with this logic, it seems it would also be against TOU to discuss any burning software or DVD burners in general since they can also be used for means of piracy.

All of my World of Warcraft updates are delivered by bittorrent, many Linux distros are distributed using bittorrent (e.g my favorite Ubuntu). It seems a shame to ban this technology when it does have many legitimate uses.

Cheers,
Tom

Guys please dont discuss this in the open forum use email or oms if you must.

Its against the terms of use to help with anything that is used for piracy. Bit comet is one of those things along with all the torrent software.

View Post

jackyang

jackyang

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
ack, it's okay. Thank you anyways.
The problem was the i use boardband. therefore there are firewalls that are blocking incoming files. but i fixed it. THANKS for the replies

jackyang

jackyang

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
lol, i didn't know sorry :tazz: