Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI CARD

• Please log in to reply

Ruckus

Ruckus

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have a socket A motherboard (asus 87n8x-x) and I'm wondering about which video card to get. I was looking at the x700 cards, but I found that they won't work on socket A motherboards..unless they have one out that I haven't seen. Will the radeon 9800 work with my motherboard? Or do any of you know if there is an x700 that will work? I really need to get a good card since I'm still running the old radeon 9000 <_<

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
9800 would be a great choice. I've read the X700 will be made available for AGP -- but have yet to see anything. My best guess would be first quarter next year.

Ruckus

Ruckus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thanks. I might wait a little just to see. Maybe a good deal will come up on a 9800 in the mean time.