Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Winfixer issue; can't follow your required steps

• Please log in to reply

wapshot1

wapshot1

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Greetings - this forum looks incredibly helpful. I've got a Winfixer malware problem. I'm trying to do all the required steps you have on your "before you post a HiJack This log ..." page. I've run into two problems:

1. CWShredder finds and removes "Look2Me," then recommends reboot to complete removal and then to run it again; after reboot, I run it again and it removes the Look2Me file and recommends reboot ... in an endless loop.

2. I moved on. Ewido installed and began running; early on, it found an infected file; before I could clean it, the system rebooted. I restarted Ewido, and once again it rebooted, this time before it found the infected file.

What next?

Advertisements

Wizard

Wizard

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,661 posts
Can you post a HijackThis log please?

wapshot1

wapshot1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Thanks for the follow-up, CreteMonster. I committed the sin of posting again shortly after this one -- this time with an HJT log -- and CrustyOldBloke took care of me. Sorry to trouble you, and thanks for your response. -BC