Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless connection

• Please log in to reply

jhruzutk

jhruzutk

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have recently re-installed Windows XP, and I am now unable to use my wireless internet connection. I have downloaded the correct drivers for the Intel PRO/wireless from what I understand, but it does not pick up that there is a wireless signal. How can I go about troubleshooting this?

Advertisements

Favs

Favs

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
First, make sure your router is setup right there should be a cd that came with your router/wireless card (run those). If that doesnt work go to device manage in admin. tool/computer management (located in your control panel, and make sure your wireless network device is installed properly). you can also uninstall/reinstall it from here. If none of this gets you anywhere just respond with the type of wireless card you have... internal/pci and name of the router.