Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NEW VIDEO CARD... For A LAPTOP

• Please log in to reply

Favs

Favs

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
So i want to run Bf2 and its gay so basically i need a new video (128mb) card and ram (512). But the thing is i have a dell inspiron 8500 (a laptop). And the only AGP interface card that i can find costs over 300. That and i dont know where the ram is located. Please help me know if my dream of playing this game is possible, thanks. :tazz:

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
I guess it depends on the speed of your laptop, also whether or not you can even change the vid card (I don't know what's possible on your Dell), and the Response time of your LCD... (do you know what it is?)

I would guess the LCD response time is the prime consideration as without it being fast enough, you'd get so much lag that the game would be ghosting all over the place... quite unenjoyable!

Laptops aren't really gaming machines, although I do know some people that play games on their machines, but they paid a ton of money up front when they bought it.

Favs

Favs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
yeah i emailed dell and apprerntly laptops are kinda one time deal meaning you cant upgrade them with out dell thinking you are crazy.