Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mustek DV3500 Camera problem

• Please log in to reply

Skylermagic

Skylermagic

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I take the usb cord supplied and place in back of my computer into one of the only 2 usb ports that have. I take receiving end of usb cord and stick that into spot on camera while the camera is off as requested(this action auto turns camera on and goes into Mass Storage mode) then nothing happens. I have Win XP Home Edition installed on my CPU and I can not get this camera to work. It has connected once or twice and showed new hardware icon only to fail and say that equip may not work properly and it does not work. Can someone please help me to get these photos off of my camera and to get this camera working as designed. Talking to Mustek tech support is like pulling teeth. Please someone help me to get this working.
Thanks,
Kyle

Advertisements

Favs

Favs

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Alright, first see if any software came with the camera (install that). If it didnt when you plug it in go to the start menu and my computer and see if i folder/icon comes up. Sometimes it wont recognize it as a camera but as a hard drive and you can still pull pics off of it. If that doesnt work and there is no other way i would recomend going to walmart/target and getting something that will read the card. This way you can pull the card out of your camera and put it into the card reader to pull them up. Another thing, try to add the camera as "new hardware" it might work if you can pick the type of camera.

Edited by Favs, 14 August 2005 - 08:20 PM.

Skylermagic

Skylermagic

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok...more info....I have uninstalled and installed software more than once. Pictures are on main memory of camera not on external card. Now one thing that you have mentioned, and by the way thnak you for your input, is the install new hardware tip......when I go to this my camera is not on the list. It is as if the computer does not know that the device is attached.

Favs

Favs

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
hmmm make sure the camera is on (i dont think your a moron im just saying). If that doesnt work give me the name and company that makes your camera ill do some research. Ohh also make sure that you dont need a USB 2.0 drive. What happends when you install the software?

Skylermagic

Skylermagic

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Camera is on....hee hee......I always check that. Mustek is the company name and dv3500 is the camera type. Like I said just to recap. I have this friggin thing try to connect before but for some reason it fails when the the new hardware tries to install itself???? Thank you for your help so far.

Favs

Favs

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
make sure you install the software before you plug it in/when its not plugged in... it should say at some point like "plug camera in" and if it doesnt then just do it at the end... but some times windows will install software (when the camera is first plugged in) and then the cd will install software that cant comunicate so it doenst work...